Song 448 ( Rush - Roll the Bones )



This is one song that I have been thinking about choosing for a while now. After it was running through my mind a lot yesterday and today I have decided go on ahead and pick it. Anyway, in the context of this song, Roll the Bones refers to this randomness in our lives due to the chances we take, either good or bad. The first time I heard this song I was taken aback by hearing Geddy Lee rapping during the guitar solo in the song, which is unique for a Rush song. I really like the sound of the group on this album, especially the sound of Geddy's Wal bass. I know that a lot of Rush fans dislike this album that I have come to like, however another one of my favorite Rush albums is Grace Under Pressure, another disliked album; go figure.

Hear Roll the Bones on YouTube.
Here is the music video on YouTube.
Here is a live performance of the song circa '94 on YouTube.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6961. Explorers Club - Raising the Mammoth 2: AKA Prog-o-matic - Gigantipithicus

6960. Spacehog - Spacehog

6962. The Grateful Dead - We Can Run

3732. Mastodon - Hearts Alive

2959 Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 225 - Singet dem Herrn ein neues Lied

6963. Lita Ford - Betrayal

6348. Lightning Seeds - Pure