884 ( Muse - Knights of Cydonia )

884 ( Muse - Knights of Cydonia )
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51nmJHmP3eL._AA300_.jpg

A few months ago we started receiving a new HD channel on our television called Palladia, which features mostly live musical performances and also music videos from time to time. Anyway, last night before heading to bed they started playing some music videos and this was the first one featured.
Now, I have heard this band before, but this song and the album it is from in particular have really caught my attention with its "Space Rock" feel. Whilst watching the video they kept reminding me of the band Hawkwind; I was actually surprised that they do not reference Hawkwind, Dave Brock, or even Lemmy as influences. An excellent song all the same and filled my craving for things progressive; it is nice to see that Space Rock is still alive and well.

Here is the music video on YouTube.
Here is a live performance on YouTube.


My song pick a year ago today: Nightwish - 10th Man Down
My song pick two years ago today: Jaco Pastorius - Donna Lee

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade