1110 Fairport Convention - Polly on the Shore

1110 Fairport Convention - Polly on the Shore
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c3/FairportConventionNine.jpg

Saw my song pick number of 1110 and it forced me to pick something that had to do with the number 9, so I could make some sort of a countdown 11, 10, 9. After a bit to thought I remembered that Fairport Convention had an album titled Nine, which, of course, was their ninth studio album released, and picked one of my favourite tracks off of it.
Anyway, this is another traditional song that they arranged in their style, however, from what I understand only the lyrics are from the traditional source; the tune put behind them was original. The song is about a man who is a crewman on a privateer's ship retelling the tale of how he and the ship apparently met their fate. Throughout the ordeal he is wishing that he could be with his lover on the shore.

Here is the studio version on YouTube.
Here is a promotional video of the song on YouTube.
Here is a live performance circa '82 on YouTube.


My song pick a year ago today: The Guess Who - No Time
 
My song pick two years ago today: Jerry Reed - Lord, Mr. Ford
 
My song pick three years ago today: Nena - Irgendwie, Irgendwo, Irgendwann

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)