1134 Molly Hatchet - Gator Country

1134 Molly Hatchet - Gator Country
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a9/Molly_Hatchet_-_Molly_Hatchet.jpg

This is one of the first tracks I ever heard from the band back in the day, it has always been one of my favourite songs of theirs. If you have ever heard Molly Hatchet then you should be accustomed to their Southern Blues/Rock style present in this track.
An interesting aspect about this song is that there are a lot of "shout outs" to other Southern bands' songs in the lyrics. The only song that they are referring to that I have not been able thus far identify from the lyrics: "...Charlie Daniels Will Tell You The Good Lord Lives in Tennessee...." Other than that I have found every other song they are referring to.

Hear Gator Country on YouTube.
Watch a live performance of the song on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: The Beatles - I Me Mine

My song pick two years ago today: Creedence Clearwater Revival (CCR) - Up Around The Bend

My song pick three years ago today: Rammstein - Du Riechst So Gut

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6961. Explorers Club - Raising the Mammoth 2: AKA Prog-o-matic - Gigantipithicus

6962. The Grateful Dead - We Can Run

2959 Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 225 - Singet dem Herrn ein neues Lied

6965. Lou Gramm - Just Between You and Me

6966. Slade - Far Far Away

6314. Lionel Richie - Hello

6964. B.T. Express - Shake It Off