1204 Hawkwind - Spirit of the Age

1204 Hawkwind - Spirit of the Age


I usually don't like picking two song from the same band so close to each other, but I have Hawkwind on the brain again today. This song comes off of their '77 Quark, Strangeness and Charm album and consists of two poems written by poet and frontman at the time Robert Calvert: The Starfarer's Despatch and The Clone's Poem.
The lyrics are pure awesomeness for any Sci-Fi nut. The first half of the song having to do with a spaceman lamenting how his girlfriend's father refused to have her frozen for him and how she would be 60 years of age at that time and would be dead by the time he returned to Earth as well as her android replica starting to act up on him. The other half of the song is basically about a clone who is talking about what is like being a clone and the issues therein.
Anyway, there is some fun Science Fiction craziness for the Sunday and start of another week.

Hear Spirit of the Age on YouTube.
Watch a performance/music video on YouTube.
Watch a live performance from a couple of years ago on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Stuart Hamm - Flow My Tears

My song pick two years ago today: Nightwish - I Wish I Had An Angel

My song pick three years ago today: Stevie Ray Vaughan - Pride and Joy

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn