1235 Gerry Rafferty - Home and Dry

1235 Gerry Rafferty - Home and Dry
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/9a/Citytocity.jpg

I heard on the radio this morning that Gerry Rafferty had succumbed to his fight with liver disease; a writeup can be found here on BBC.com.
He is another one of those acts from the '70s that I was exposed to early on in life, and while not an absolute favourite of mine, I love a great deal of his material and his music has continued to be around me throughout my life thus far. I've always liked his work with the band Stealer's Wheel, specifically the song Star; however I've never really cared for the more iconic song Stuck in the Middle with You, which was probably the song that band was best known for.
His biggest hit songs from his solo career were probably Baker Street and Right Down the Line, both of which were off of his City to City album. This is another track that I like off that same album and feels quite nice for the pick today as well.
RIP Gerry Rafferty 1947-2011.

Hear Home and Dry on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Johnny Cash - One Piece at a Time

My song pick two years ago today: Traffic - John Barleycorn

My song pick three years ago today: The Moody Blues - Forever Afternoon (Tuesday?), Time to Get Away.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)