1370 Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - K. 525, Serenade No. 13 for Strings in G major "Eine Kleine Nachtmusik"

1370 Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - K. 525, Serenade No. 13 for Strings in G major "Eine Kleine Nachtmusik"
K.525, Year: 1787

'Tis the fifth day of my "...And about 1300 days later" theme week of picking songs from artists that I have not picked since my first 100 song picks.
I really didn't expect any classical composers, especially Mozart to be part of this list. I know I keep saying it this week, but I though for sure that I had picked more than a couple of his compositions, but alas, the last song I chose from Mozart's Köchel Catalogue was the Queen of the Night Aria from The Magic Flute, K.620 on the 20th of September, 2007; my 20th pick overall.
This is one of my favourite of Mozart's compositions and is one of his more famous ones; almost anyone should recognize this piece after the first two or three notes of the first movement.

Here is the Allegro movement on YouTube.
Here is the Romanze: Andante movement on YouTube.
Here is the Menuetto: Allegretto movement on YouTube.
Here is the Rondo: Allegro movement on YouTube.


My song pick a year ago today: Foreigner - Starrider

My song pick two years ago today: The Who - The Real Me

My song pick three years ago today: Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Lucky Man

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn