1366 April Wine - Sign of the Gypsy Queen

1366 April Wine - Sign of the Gypsy Queen
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/512oFXO6k%2BL._SS500_.jpg
From: The Nature of the Beast, Year: 1981

I'm embarking on another theme of sorts this week: I'm picking songs from bands that I have not chosen another song from since my first 100 picks. I guess that I will call this theme week: "...and about 1300 days later." Anyway, what has truly amazed me is not just the number of bands, but which bands I have neglected since the first 100; there are some that I really like that I've only picked one song from over 1300 days ago.
I figured I would start this week off with another song from the Canadian Hard Rock band April Wine; the last song I picked from this great band was "Roller" on October 1st of '07; it was my 31st overall pick. There are quite a few songs from April Wine that like, so I had some trouble narrowing down my pick, but I finally settled on this cover of Lorence Hud's "Sign of the Gypsy Queen" off of their The Nature of the Beast album.

Hear the studio version on YouTube.
Here is a live performance circa '82 on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Clifford Brown & Max Roach - Daahoud

My song pick two years ago today: Rammstein - Engel

My song pick three years ago today: Frank Sinatra - Fly Me to the Moon

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn