1373 Hurricane Smith - Oh Babe, What Would You Say?

1373 Hurricane Smith - Oh Babe, What Would You Say?
From: Oh Babe, What Would You Say? (Single), Year: 1972

I've had this rather Jazzy Pop tune running through my mind for the last little bit now and I figured I would make it my pick today. From what I've read about him, Norman "Hurricane" Smith did most of his work in the music industry as an engineer/producer; he most notably worked on most of the Beatles' and some of Pink Floyd's albums. Apparently John Lennon himself bestowed the name "Hurricane" on him, which he used as a pseudonym for his own recordings.
I have heard this song a lot over the years, there is something quite charming about the "old timey" feel in this one.




My song pick a year ago today: John Cafferty & The Beaver Brown Band - On The Dark Side

My song pick two years ago today: Collective Soul - Pretty Donna

My song pick three years ago today: Nightwish - 7 Days to the Wolves

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade