1361 Hawkwind - Sentinel

1361 Hawkwind - Sentinel
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61Vu2W7AgwL._SS500_.jpg
From: Blood of the Earth, Year: 2010

I was in a quandary this morning as to which song I was picking; I really wanted to choose a Hawkwind track, but I had about 20 songs in mind for the pick. For no reason I finally just decided on this excellent track off of their newest album: Blood of the Earth.
I've been waiting for some new "headphone music" for a while now. This song is definitely "headphone music," it's just amazing to put the headphones on clear your mind and listen to the music. This has the classic Hawkwind sound; for those not acquainted with the band the sound would be somewhat reminiscent of early to mid 70s Pink Floyd.

Hear a recording of the song on YouTube.
A live performance on YouTube.


My song pick a year ago today: Django Reinhardt & Stephane Grappelli (Quintette du Hot Club de France) feat. Freddy Taylor - Shine

My song pick two years ago today: Alice Cooper - School's Out

My song pick three years ago today: The Guess Who - Shakin' All Over

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn