1372 Alabama - Mountain Music

1372 Alabama - Mountain Music
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51uac2YNbTL._SS500_.jpg
From: Mountain Music, Year: 1982

I'm procrastinating tonight and really need to get my pick in and to finish my theme week as well. Anyway, this is the last pick in my "...And about 1300 days later" theme week of picking songs from bands that I haven't picked another song from since my first 100 song picks. I took a look at my first 100 picks and noticed that I had only chosen a song from Alabama once before. I chose their song Roll On (Eighteen Wheeler) back on the 9th of November, 2007 as my 70th pick; oddly enough it was the 6th song in my Truck Driving Song theme week as well. While I'm not a huge fan of Country/Western Music in general there are quite a few bands in the genre that I do like; Alabama is one of them.
This is one of their first songs that came to mind when making my pick; I believe it is one of their more popular songs as well. As with most of their material, the vocal harmonies and musicianship are top-notch.

Here is the studio version on YouTube.
Here is a live video on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Boston - Higher Power

My song pick two years ago today: Fire Bomber (Hummingbird) - Seventh Moon

My song pick three years ago today: Crabby Appleton - Go Back

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade