1367 Argent - God Gave Rock and Roll to You

1367 Argent - God Gave Rock and Roll to You
http://ec5.images-amazon.com/images/I/413W4S3672L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: In Deep, Year: 1973

Here's my second pick in my "...And about 1300 days later" theme week, i.e. picking songs from bands that have not graced my blog since the first 100 picks.
This is probably one of the most shocking ones that I found that fit into this category because I am a huge fan of Argent. Well, crap! I thought for sure that I had chosen more songs from this Prog/Rock pioneer over the last 1300 days, but I guess I was in error. I picked their iconic song: "Hold Your Head Up" on the 20th of November, in '07; it was my 81st overall pick.
Anyway, I figured I should pick a song that most have been acquainted with in one way or another over the years and this track from the pen of the band's guitarist/vocalist Russ Ballard seemed appropriate. I believe, however, that most today probably remember one of the many cover versions of this song more, most notably the one performed by Kiss, which can be found here on YouTube. I guess it goes without saying that I prefer the original, more Progressive version of the song.

Watch a music video clip on YouTube.
Here is a live performance circa '73 on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Dio - Killing the Dragon

My song pick two years ago today: ABBA - Me and I

My song pick three years ago today: Stone Temple Pilots - Interstate Love Song

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In