1400 Jaco Pastorius - Kuru/Speak Like a Child

1400 Jaco Pastorius - Kuru/Speak Like a Child
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/fe/Jaco_Pastorius_%281976%29.JPG
From: Jaco Pastorius, Year: 1976
Genre: Jazz Fusion

I'm making my 1400th song pick today. I thought that this awesome medley or sorts written by Jaco Pastorius and Herbie Hancock would be rather nice for the occasion.
This is true piece of Jazz Fusion; it has more of a Rock, R&B, and Funk influence with amazing technical musicianship. Jaco sure lays down quite a mean groove throughout Kuru on his bass along with the drums/percussion. Herbie Hancock's keyboards and a host of string instruments fill up the rest quite nicely. I'd have to say that my favourite part of this piece is their rendition of Hancock's Speak like a Child; there's so much feeling in their playing. I love how they bounce back and forth between the two songs' themes, it makes the overall piece quite dynamic.

Hear Kuru/Speak Like a Child on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: The Grass Roots - Let's Live For Today

My song pick two years ago today: The Ventures - Walk-Don't Run

My song pick three years ago today: Ten Years After - I'd Love To Change The World

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade