1523 Jethro Tull - Play In Time

1523 Jethro Tull - Play In Time
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/6d/da/d82c828fd7a035114e281110.L._AA300_.jpg
From: Benefit, Year: 1970
Genre: Progressive Rock/Hard Rock

Yesterday I was going over the Benefit album, which is one of my favourites from Jethro Tull; I love overall dark and brooding nature of the songs on it. This is one of the more raucous songs on the album.
This track immediately grabs your ears with the opening instrumental section played my Martin Barre on the electric guitar and Ian Anderson on the flute with backing by Clive Bunker's simple drum beat. This one also features a lot of interesting recording techniques, such as backwards recorded and sped up guitar and keyboards.

Hear Play In Time on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Exile - Kiss You All Over

My song pick two years ago today: Rush - Show Don't Tell

My song pick three years ago today: The Four Tops - Bernadette

My song pick four years ago today: Devo - Some Things Never Change

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)