1597 Billy Joel - The Downeaster 'Alexa'

1597 Billy Joel - The Downeaster 'Alexa'
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41UPJ34ZCkL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: Storm Front, Year: 1989
Genre: Rock


For the last little bit it seems as if I've been picking songs that started to play in my mind for no reason; I am, I guess, continuing that trend today with this pick. Hopefully soon I'll have some purposely picked songs to post.
Ever since this song first came out it has been one of my favourites from Billy Joel. This track was arranged excellently giving the listener the feeling of swells, waves, and an overall brooding feeling. I love how most of his songs have a deeper message in them; this one deals with the trials of an independent fisherman struggling to get by with what seems like the world being against him.

Here is the music video on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Oasis - Cast No Shadow

My song pick two years ago today: Nightwish - Wanderlust

My song pick three years ago today: Dizzy Gillespie - Salt Peanuts

My song pick four years ago today: Bon Jovi - You Give Love A Bad Name

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade