1598 The Steve Miller Band - My Dark Hour

1598 The Steve Miller Band - My Dark Hour
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41hmWOgjt7L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: Brave New World, Year: 1969
Genre: Rock/Blues Rock/Funk

Yesterday I was going back over some of The Steve Miller Band's older material. For me Brave New World is one of my favourites from the band's early days, so, as you would guess, it got a lot of play. There were some others that I wanted to pick ahead of this one, but it appears that for some reason the songs off of this album in particular have been targeted for removal from YouTube; I was lucky to find this live version of this one, which one of the album's hits.
I love the he spiced this track up with his use of Funk and Blues mixed with the Rock base of the song.
One little interesting factoid about this song is that one Paul Ramon, who is better known by day as Paul McCartney played bass, drums, and performed backing vocals on this track as well as Celebration Song on the Brave New World album.

Luckily enough I did find a studio version on videoclip.bg:
Here is the studio version on videoclip.bg
Hear a live performance of My Dark Hour on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Fear Factory - Fear Campaign

My song pick two years ago today: Gunnar Madsen - Surprise!

My song pick three years ago today: Charles Mingus - Tonight At Noon

My song pick four years ago today: Megadeth - Architecture of Aggression

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn