1622 The Beatles - Back in the U.S.S.R.

1622 The Beatles - Back in the U.S.S.R.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31pY7BT4%2BXL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: The Beatles "White Album," Year: 1968
Genre: Pop/Rock 'N Roll

The other day I was forced to slog through nearly a foot of snow on unplowed roads, which was fun. This song just happened to be playing on the radio at the time and acted as an excellent fun soundtrack for all of the wheel-spinning and white-knuckle driving.
I've never actually been a fan of this somewhat cliché-riddled song; there are many other songs from their catalogue that I like more, but it still is a rather nice up-tempo rocker. From what I've read Ringo Starr didn't appear on the recording of the song; it was a product of heavy studio overdub, which was a staple for the band at that time.

Hear Back in the U.S.S.R. on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Tarot - Pilot of All Dreams

My song pick two years ago today: Muse - Knights of Cydonia

My song pick three years ago today: Nightwish - 10th Man Down

My song pick four years ago today: Jaco Pastorius - Donna Lee

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn