1807 The Nightwatchman - I Dreamed I Saw Joe Hill Last Night

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51K7hHZHpIL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
From: Union Town; Year: 2011; Genre: Folk/Folk Rock










The other day I saw a live performance on the television of Tom Morello's folk/rock project The Nightwatchman; to say the least it was very interesting hearing such a different sound out great musician who is usually heard playing extreme forms of metal.
Anyway, this of course was one of many of the songs they played that I liked. As with most of the songs on this album it is a cover of a union/protest song; this one was originally a poem written by Alfred Hayes about a labor activist named Joe Hill. In the mid 1930s Earl Robinson set the poem to music as a union/protest song, which has been covered a bit since.






My song pick three years ago today: Electric Light Orchestra - Ticket To The Moon

My song pick four years ago today: ABBA - So Long

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade