1815 Django Reinhardt & Stéphane Grappelli (Quintette du Hot Club de France) featuring Freddy Taylor - I Can't Give You Anything But Love

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61lAh5XjjPL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: The Quintet of the Hot Club of France; Year: ~(1936); Genre: Gypsy Jazz
I have been thinking about picking another song from Django Reinhardt and Company recently and it feels like a good day for one of their songs. This is another one of their recordings from the mid 1930s to feature the excellent vocal talent of Freddy Taylor. Of course both Django Reinhardt, Stéphane Grappelli and the rest are as good as always in this rather laid back piece of swing/gypsy jazz.

Hear I Cant Give You Anything But Love on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Rin' - Fuhen

My song pick two years ago today: Cream - Badge

My song pick three years ago today: Steeleye Span - Seven Hundred Elves

My song pick four years ago today: Billy Joel - Prelude/Angry Young Man

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade