1817 The Byrds - Turn! Turn! Turn! (to Everything There Is a Season)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51Z%2Bn7W34mL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: Turn! Turn! Turn!; Year: 1965; Genre: Folk Rock
I heard this song whilst heading home tonight after yet another busy day and it seemed like a nice track to bring the day to a close. Ever since I first heard this song when I was very young I loved it, and I am actually surprised that I hadn't picked it yet.
As many probably know, or maybe not know, the lyrics of this song, which was originally recorded by Pete Seeger were almost entirely taken from The Bible's book of Ecclesiastes 3:1. From what I understand when The Byrds recorded their cover, which, of course became a huge hit, it actually gave the song the distinction of being the number 1 hit with the oldest lyrics.
Anyway, I could go on quite a bit longer about this one, but it's late. So, I'll catch you all tomorrow.

Hear Turn! Turn! Turn! (to Everything There Is a Season) on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Muse - Uprising

My song pick two years ago today: Guns N' Roses - Don't Cry

My song pick three years ago today: Puhdys, featuring Till Lindemann and Richard Krupse - Wut Will Nicht Sterben

My song pick four years ago today: Nightwish - The Pharaoh Sails To Orion

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade