1819 Hawkwind - Damnation Alley

From: Quark, Strangeness and Charm; Year: 1977; Genre: Progressive Rock/Space Rock
I was thinking about this track after watching the film based on the Roger Zalanzy science fiction short story and novel Damnation Alley, which obviously this song was written about as well. In actuality, Hawkwind's song was far more accurate to the book than the film adaptation and predated it slightly.
Dang, I just realized that I have pick most of the songs off of Quark, Strangeness and Charm; there's a lot of good music to be had on that record.

Hear Damnation Alley on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Chet Atkins - I Wish I Knew

My song pick two years ago today: Sergei Prokofiev - Op. 67 - Peter and the Wolf

My song pick three years ago today: Lalo Schifrin - Scorpio's Theme

My song pick four years ago today: Rush - Dreamline

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn