1801 Muse - United States of Eurasia (+Collateral Damage)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8a/Theresistance.jpg
From: The Resistance; Year: 2009; Genre: Progressive Rock
I had a few bugaboos in my schedule this morning, but am finally able to get my pick in, and guess what? I have also been meaning to pick this song for over a week now and am finally able to get to picking it as well!
Anyway, this is one of the centrepiece songs off of their '09 The Resistance album and is also one of my favourites as well. This is a very dynamic track that reminds me a lot of Queen's music; some critics have actually compared it to "Bohemian Rhapsody" in particular. At the end of the song there is a nice light instrumental piece "Collateral Damage," which is based on Frédéric Chopin's "Nocturne in Eb Major, Op.9 No.2"
As with most of the rest of the material on this album, lyrically and thematically it has to do with tyranny and a call to rise up against it. From what I understand this track in particular was inspired by Zbigniew Brzezinski's book The Grand Chessboard, and George Orwell's classic Nineteen Eighty-Four.

Hear United States of Eurasia (+Collateral Damage) on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Alice in Chains - Would?

My song pick two years ago today: Rammstein - Jeder lacht

My song pick three years ago today: Rammstein - Ein Leid

My song pick four years ago today: Eric Clapton - My Father's Eyes

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn