1889 Sol Ho'opi'i - St. Louis Blues

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61a2TSVQy2L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: Sol Hoopii: Master of the Hawaiian Guitar; Year: 2009 (1927); Genre: Blues
I happened to remember that in the year 1889, which is also today's pick number, was when the Hawaiian or steel guitar was invented by Joseph Kekuku.
Since the guy who has been teaching me to play the Hawaiian guitar is a huge fan of master guitarist Sol Ho'opi'i I've become well acquainted with his music, so I thought I would pick one of his songs. I just wish there was more of a selection of his music on YouTube.

Hear Sol Ho'opi'i's rendition of St. Louis Blues on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: The Allman Brothers Band - Les Brers in A Minor

My song pick two years ago today: Puhdys - He John

My song pick three years ago today: Styx - Too Much Time On My Hands

My song pick four years ago today: The Amboy Dukes - Journey to the Center of the Mind

My song pick five years ago today: The Who - Pinball Wizard


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade