1910 Béla Bartók - BB 52 - String Quartet No. 1 in A minor

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/66/Bart%C3%B3k_B%C3%A9la_1927.jpg
BB 52; Year: 1909-1910; Genre: Romantic Period/classical
I have been meaning to add one of Béla Bartók's compositions to my blog for a long time now and have finally gotten around to it. This beautiful piece of music made its premier in 1910, which is also the number of today's pick. I absolutely love all of the layers and counter punctuation he uses throughout this entire piece; it's truly a work of art.

Here is the first movement: Lento on YouTube.
Here is the second movement: Poco a poco accelerando all'allegretto on YouTube.
Here is the third movement: Allegro Vivace on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Victor Wooten - Us 2

My song pick two years ago today: The Sons of the Pioneers - Cool Water

My song pick three years ago today: Norman Greenbaum - Spirit in the Sky

My song pick four years ago today: Electric Light Orchestra (ELO) - Here is the News

My song pick five years ago today: Faith No More - From Out of Nowhere


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade