1950 Charlie Parker & Dizzy Gillespie - Bloomdido

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61TOl%2Bt48xL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: Bird and Diz; Year: 1950; Genre: Bebop/Jazz
This song and album were recorded and released in the year 1950, which is also today's song pick number; not that I needed an excuse to pick a song from two of my favourite jazz musicians. Bloomdido as well as the other tracks on the record are some excellent examples of Bebop at its height from two of the masters of the sub-genre.
Anyway, with most of these jazz albums from the 1950s I love reading who else played on them. This one in particular, besides Bird and Diz, they also had legendary drummers Buddy Rich and Max Roach, as well as Thelonious Monk on piano to name a few.

Hear Bloomdido on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Molly Hatchet - One Man's Pleasure

My song pick two years ago today: Hawkwind - High Rise

My song pick three years ago today: Joachim Witt - Bataillon 'd Amour

My song pick four years ago today: Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young - Ohio

My song pick five years ago today: Donovan - Sunshine Superman


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn