1965 The Byrds - Mr. Tambourine Man

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51JtTy1pswL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: Mr. Tambourine Man; Year: 1965; Genre: Folk Rock
There were a great deal of songs released in 1965, (today's song pick number), that I thought about choosing. When I noticed that The Byrds' famous cover of this Bob Dylan track was released that year and that I hadn't picked it yet I knew I had my song for today.
I've always loved this ever since I first heard it; it's one of my favourites from The Byrds. Interestingly enough, other than the vocals and Roger McGuinn's 12-string guitar the studio version of this song was actually performed by studio musicians.

Hear Mr. Tambourine Man on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Siberian Sleigh Ride

My song pick two years ago today: Twisted Sister - Oh Come All Ye Faithful

My song pick three years ago today: Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Joy/Angels We Have Heard on High

My song pick four years ago today: The Kinks - Father Christmas

My song pick five years ago today: Jethro Tull - Thick As A Brick


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade