3705. Schefczyk - Play Bach Funky

From: CelloPathie; Year: 2003; Genre: Contemporary Classical
Well, I made it a full decade of blogging about music today, and without missing a day. I tell ya, it's hard to believe that 10 years ago, (September 1st, 2007), I started this blog on MySpace and two years later migrated to Blogger, where I've been ever since. I was never sure I'd make it this far or where I'll eventually stop, but I don't see me stopping anytime soon; I have to keep my couple of regular readers happy after all.
Anyway, as I said, it's my song-a-day blog's tenth anniversary, where I usually pick a song from J.S. Bach, but is also a Friday, and I've been making Funky Friday picks consecutively and would also hate to break my streak, which stands at 207 counting today. So it took me a while to find one that would fit both criteria because I'd already chosen Walter Murphy's "Toccata and Funk in D-Minor," but eventually I found this one, which is a medley of Bach musical themes arranged very interestingly in one pretty good take on a lot of the maestro's work.

Hear Play Bach Funky on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 230 - Lobet den Herrn, alle Heiden

My song pick two years ago today: Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 225 - Singet dem Herrn ein neues Lied

My song pick three years ago today: 2590 Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 1077 - Canone doppio sopr'il soggetto

My song pick four years ago today: 2218 Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 996 - Suite in E-Minor

My song pick five years ago today: Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV. 1051 - Brandenburg Concerto No. 6 in B-Flat

My song pick six years ago today: Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 1049 - Brandenburg Concerto No.4 in G major

My song pick seven years ago today: Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 1046 - Brandenburg Concerto No.1 in F major

My song pick eight years ago today: The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed
 
My song pick nine years ago today: Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 1050 - Brandenburg Concerto No.5
 
My song pick ten years ago today: Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV 1047 - Brandenburg Concerto No. 2


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn