2110 Jethro Tull - Silver River Turning

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/01/JethroTull_Nightcap.jpg
From: Nightcap; Year: 1993; Genre: Progressive Rock/Hard Rock
Today I had this song incessantly running through my mind almost to the point like I was listening to it; as I always do I took it as a sign I needed to pick it. I really wasn't intending on choosing another one from 'Tull so soon after the one two days ago, but when a song is this insistent I feel I have to other option.
Silver River Turning is one of the songs included on their 1993 compilation album featuring unreleased and rare material; this song in particular was recorded circa 1990 during the Catfish Rising sessions. In my opinion it's one of the best tracks on the entire disc and for the life of me cannot figure out why it didn't get a proper album release. However, it does sound more similar to their music from the late '80s where Martin Barre's guitar, David Pegg's bass, and Doane Perry's drums drove the songs, so putting it on Catfish Rising might've left it out of place. For me personally I almost view this one, and its semi-abandoned brethren for that matter, as any other track released from the band; not a lesser unreleased song. I actually bought Nightcap along with many other of their albums at the same time when I first got into the band.
Anyway, as I stated earlier this one is driven primarily by bass, guitar, and drums; they do an awesome job as ever in this one. I love late-80's 'Tull; in my opinion this is one of the times the band was at its best.

Hear Silver River Turning on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: George Frideric Handel - HWV 57 - Samson

My song pick two years ago today: Argent - God Gave Rock and Roll to You

My song pick three years ago today: Dio - Killing the Dragon

My song pick four years ago today: ABBA - Me and I

My song pick five years ago today: Stone Temple Pilots - Interstate Love Song



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade