2114 The Doors - Soul Kitchen

The Doors cover
From: The Doors; Year: 1967; Genre: Psychedelic Rock
After finding out that organist/keyboardist Ray Manzarek passed away I figured it would be apropos to pick one of their songs today. This was one of the songs where, in my opinion, the riffs he played on his organ really drove the song. By the way, this is also one of my favourites from the band as well.
Apparently he succumbed to a battle with cancer; a write-up can be found here on BBC.com. He will be missed, but his music will play on.

Hear Soul Kitchen on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Megaherz - Hurra – Wir Leben Noch

My song pick two years ago today: Skid Row - Youth Gone Wild

My song pick three years ago today: The Jimmy Castor Bunch - The Bertha Butt Boogie

My song pick four years ago today: Steely Dan - Hey Nineteen

My song pick five years ago today: Rahsaan Roland Kirk - Serenade To A Cuckoo


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)