2131 Jethro Tull - Summerday Sands

From: Minstrel in the Gallery (remastered); Year: 1975; Genre: Progressive Rock
I had this one running through my mind this morning; as I normally do I am taking it as a sign I should pick it.
Summerday Sands is definitely one of the favourites among many fans. It's kind of a rare track, or at least it used it be; it was originally a b-side to the Minstrel in the Gallery single then later released on their 20th anniversary boxed set and eventually included on the remaster of Minstrel in the Gallery.
In my opinion this rather pretty song is one of Ian Anderson's better efforts lyrically, plus due to the song's subject matter a lot of people can easily identify with it.

Hear Summerday Sands on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Typhoon24 feat. Tatsuzo of YKZ - Spice of Life

My song pick two years ago today: Tarot - Veteran of Psychic Wars

My song pick three years ago today: Led Zeppelin - Hey Hey What Can I Do

My song pick four years ago today: Marty Simon - Jerhume Brunnen G

My song pick five years ago today: Focus - Hocus Pocus


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn