1764 Typhoon24 feat. Tatsuzo of YKZ - Spice of Life

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/310AZRBIcjL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: KEITH: Animation Beck Original Soundtrack; Year: 2005; Genre:
Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad has been one of the animés I've enjoyed the most in a while. For those unaware of it, it's a 'making of a band' animé about a fictitious band from its inception to making it big. One aspect of the show I really find interesting is how most of the band members' characters are based off of real-world musicians like Jimmy Page, Liam Gallagher, and Flea to name a few. They also pay tribute to many other musical acts throughout the show, mostly through the music being played. This song, Spice of Life, was done in the style of Rage Against the Machine and is somewhat similar to their song Bulls on Parade. Actually, from what I've read the lead singer character, Tsunemi Chiba, was loosely based on their lead singer Zach de la Rocha.
Anyway, this track has ended up being one of my favourites from the show, mostly due to the kick arse bass line, which is actually not only really fun to listen to, but to play as well. From the bit of searching I've done, this song was done by Typhoon24 with vocals sung by Tatsuzo from YKZ, who also provided the character's singing voice in the animé. Justin Cook, who was the character's voice actor in the English dub also re-recorded an vocal track for the American release.

Hear the KEITH version on YouTube.
Here is the version from the animé on YouTube.
Here is a music video from the American dub on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Tarot - Veteran of Psychic Wars

My song pick two years ago today: Led Zeppelin - Hey Hey What Can I Do

My song pick three years ago today: Marty Simon - Jerhume Brunnen G

My song pick four years ago today: Focus - Hocus Pocus

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn