2231 Billy Joel - She's Always a Woman

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/513Um1mc5iL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
From: The Stranger; Year: 1977; Genre: Soft Rock/Pop
For most of the morning I've felt like listening to some Billy Joel. I was actually surprised to see that I haven't picked this track at some point in the last six years.
Both my Mom and Dad have been big fans of his music, so this is another case where I literally grew up listening to his music. They had some of his albums, but I don't believe The Stranger was among them, instead my Dad recorded the hits off of the radio onto an 8-Track recorder, (which I actually have inherited). It's funny, but I can still hear this song fade into Sausalito Summer Nights by Diesel, which was the next song he recorded.
Anyway, this is a rather pretty piece that is basically his voice and piano; recorded with minimal accompaniment.

Hear She's Always a Woman on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Richard Wagner - WWV 90 - Liebestod (from "Tristian und Isolde")

My song pick two years ago today: Coven - Wicked Woman

My song pick three years ago today: Pink Floyd - In the Flesh?

My song pick four years ago today: Joachim Witt and Peter Heppner - Die Flut

My song pick five years ago today: Jim Croce - You Don't Mess Around With Jim

My song pick six years ago today: Canned Heat - On The Road Again


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn