Song 382 ( Jim Croce - You Don’t Mess Around With Jim )



While watching the games today for some reason this song was running through my mind. I cannot remember the first time I heard this song, but I have always liked it. From what I understand, the line: You Don't Mess Around With Jim was written with the record company in mind, which he signed a bad contract. An aspect about the album's cover that I found funny was that it was a picture of him peering through a window of an outhouse: yet another jab at the record company.

Here is the studio version on YouTube.
Here is a live performance on YouTube.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade