2273 Eddie Lang - Pickin' My Way

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51SP3O%2Bil9L._SY300_.jpg
From: Jazz Guitar Virtuoso; Year: 1990 (1932) ; Genre: Jazz
I had some other songs in mind for today's pick, but most of the morning I've been having early Jazz guitar music running through my mind and thought I'd pick one of that ilk instead.
It still amazes me to think that Eddie Lang was playing guitar this way all the way back 80 to 90 years ago, years before guitar greats like even the Gypsy Jazz guitar master Django Reinhardt. I guess he earned the title "father of the modern guitar" that some have bestowed on him.
Anyway, this is definitely a virtuoso piece that goes all over the place from jazz to pop hit parade to even classical. I would loved to have heard him during the time of overdriven amplifiers playing with the likes of today's guitar greats.

Hear Pickin' My Way on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Sergei Rachmaninoff - Op. 27 - Symphony No. 2

My song pick two years ago today: AC/DC - Big Balls

My song pick three years ago today: The Guess Who - Hand Me Down World

My song pick four years ago today: Finntroll - Skogens Hämnd

My song pick five years ago today: Bon Jovi - These Days

My song pick six years ago today: Yes - Roundabout


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn