2274 Lou Reed - Satellite of Love

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f1/Loureedtransformer.jpeg
From: Transformer; Year: 1972; Genre: Glam Rock
Yesterday we lost yet another musical legend: Lou Reed passed away at the young age of 71. An obituary for him can be found here on BBC.com.
I cannot state how important the man was to music in the last half a century; again the musician died, but his music and influence will live on!
Probably most will remember him as either the frontman of Velvet Underground or for his monster hit Walk on the Wild Side. However, his influence on music spread far beyond those two instances. Really, I couldn't think of too many other great songs of his to pick today, just based of the cultural significance of this track; most would probably remember the title of this song as also the name of the space craft from Mystery Science Theater 3000. That being said, if I hadn't already picked the song Walk on the Wild Side would have been my pick today.

Hear Satellite of Love on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Alestorm - Barrett's Privateers

My song pick two years ago today: Sly and the Family Stone - Sing a Simple Song

My song pick three years ago today: Miles Davis - So What

My song pick four years ago today: Ray Charles - I Can't Stop Loving You

My song pick five years ago today: J.S. Bach - BWV 659 - Nun komm, der Heiden Heiland

My song pick six year ago today: Billy Thorpe - Children of the Sun

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn