2261 Jethro Tull - Bourée

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/91-kwr2KTrL._SX522_.jpg
From: Stand Up; Year: 1969; Genre: Progressive Rock
Out of the first few pieces of music I tried to learn after getting my first bass guitar this had to have been one of the most insane song for a novice to learn, but I did. I remember having to learn Glenn Cornick's bass solo more or less note-by-note; what a pain in the arse. Although, I have to say it was a very rewarding experience and pushed my skills as a musician past their limits, thus making everything else seem tame at the time.
Anyway, this was one of Jethro Tull's earlier hits; it is Ian Anderson's arrangement of J.S. Bach's fifth movement of his Suite in E Minor BWV 996. Apparently Ian had a neighbour that was practicing this song on classical guitar ad nauseam and he thought he would "get back" at J.S. Bach by arranging it into a jazz-rock song.

Watch a music video clip of Bourée on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Richard Strauss - Also Sprach Zarathustra

My song pick two years ago today: 30 Seconds to Mars - Year Zero

My song pick three years ago today: Don Williams - If Hollywood Don't Need You

My song pick four years ago today: Cream - Strange Brew

My song pick five years ago today: A-ha - The Living Daylights

My song pick six years ago today: Procol Harum - Conquistador 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade