2265 Django Reinhardt & Stéphane Grappelli (Quintette du Hot Club de France) - Minor Swing

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/7a/Minor_Swing_Django_Reinhardt_1937_Swing_78.jpg
From: Minor Swing (single); Year: 1937; Genre: Gypsy Jazz
Yesterday I watched a French documentary film about Django Reinhardt, and this original composition from Reinhardt and Grappelli was one that was heavily featured. It's quite a pretty piece of mid 1930s jazz driven by both the guitar and violin.

Hear Minor Swing on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Van Der Graaf Generator - A Plague of Lighthouse Keepers

My song pick two years ago today: Asia - Only Time Will Tell

My song pick three years ago today: British Whale (Justin Hawkins) - This Town Ain't Big Enough For the Both of Us

My song pick four years ago today: Donald MacLeod - Field of Gold

My song pick five years ago today: John Lennon (The Plastic Ono Band) - Hold On

My song pick six years ago today: John Denver - Looking for Space


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn