2601 War - Galaxy

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51poFmh11yL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
From: Galaxy; Year: 1977; Genre: Funk
It is my 52nd straight Funky Friday in a row, so I guess that means that now I have posted a full year of Funky Fridays in a row. Kind of interesting that I hit my seven year anniversary of doing this blog, my 2600th song picked, and now a year of Funky Fridays to boot all within a two week period; I'll take it as a great sign.
Since I started this Friday funk thing about a year ago with the pick of War's Cisco Kid, I thought it would be appropriate to pick another one of their tracks for the occasion. And what a nice track too; eight minutes of soul inspired funk with the bass and drum right upfront in the mix where it belongs. :P

Hear Galaxy on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Savatage - Man in the Mirror

My song pick two years ago today: Styx - Snowblind

My song pick three years ago today: Edvard Grieg - Op. 46 - In the Hall of the Mountain King

My song pick four years ago today: Ben E. King - Don't Play That Song (You Lied)

My song pick five years ago today: Three Dog Night - One

My song pick six years ago today: Billy Joel - Captain Jack

My song pick seven years ago today: Savatage - Hall of the Mountain King


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade