1119 Ben E. King - Don't Play That Song (You Lied)

1119 Ben E. King - Don't Play That Song (You Lied)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ec/Bk_dontplaythatsong.jpg

Had this one running through my mind for a bit this morning; I figured that it would make an excellent song choice for my Sunday pick. Immediately most would recognize that much of this track's sound was borrowed from his hit Stand By Me, which can be found here on YouTube. It also appears on this album as well, however, Stand By Me preceded this album; it was recorded in another session and released as a single before the album's release.
From what I understand there was supposedly a song written as an answer to this song by Pat Lundy titled Play it Again, which can be found here on YouTube.

Here is the studio version on YouTube.


My song pick a year ago today: Three Dog Night - One

My song pick two years ago today: Billy Joel - Captain Jack

My song pick three years ago today: Savatage - Hall of the Mountain King

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade