2973 Egg - Fugue in D-Minor

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41IU7WqHkpL._SX425_.jpg
From: Egg; Year: 1970; Genre: Progressive Rock
I'm drawing an absolute blank for today, so I'm picking one from my queue of bands in the backlog that I've been meaning to pick another one from.
Anyway, here's treat for the ears from the early 1970s Prog-Rock band Egg rather than how many bands do when they cover this piece, instead of using the Toccata section they instead focused on the main Fugue section. You gotta love that organ/keyboard work combined with those drums and a modicum of funkiness.

Hear Egg's take on Bach's Fugue in D-Minor on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - The Last DJ

My song pick two years ago today: Van Der Graaf Generator - Lemmings (Including Cog)

My song pick three years ago today: Nightwish - Feel for You

My song pick four years ago today: Genesis - Keep It Dark

My song pick five years ago today: Rush - Lessons

My song pick six years ago today: Badfinger - Come and Get It

My song pick seven years ago today: Green Day - Wake Me Up When September Ends

My song pick eight years ago today: Rush - Far Cry


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade