2604 Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - The Last DJ

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61NbNWWQuuL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
From: The Last DJ; Year: 2002; Genre: Rock
I was thinking about some Tom Petty music this morning. This was one that caught my attention back when it was released, not only for its sociological anti-corporate message, but the way the music is written and performed around it. This track and its message is still very pertinent today, and it does give you a feeling of loss at how radio died albeit with a few heartbeats here and there. Strangely since the dismantling of the great stations we used to have I barely, if at all listened to the radio anymore.

Hear The Last DJ on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Van Der Graaf Generator - Lemmings (Including Cog)

My song pick two years ago today: Nightwish - Feel for You

My song pick three years ago today: Genesis - Keep It Dark

My song pick four years ago today: Rush - Lessons

My song pick five years ago today: Badfinger - Come and Get It

My song pick six years ago today: Green Day - Wake Me Up When September Ends

My song pick seven years ago today: Rush - Far Cry


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade