1420 Don McLean - Vincent

1420 Don McLean - Vincent
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/414UaNCA1SL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
From: American Pie, Year: 1971
Genre: Folk

I've had this rather beautiful track running through my mind most of last night and this morning. This is, of course, a song about the great artist Vincent Van Gogh and his works; Don McLean's lyrics are incredible throughout.
Actually, the first version of this song I heard was Julio Iglesias' cover, which can be found here on YouTube; I liked it a lot. Only later I was able to hear Don McLean's original version, which I like quite a lot as well.

Watch a fan video with the studio version on YouTube.
Watch a live performance on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Eric Burdon and War - Spill the Wine

My song pick two years ago today: Supertramp - School

My song pick three years ago today: Steely Dan - Do It Again

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade