3152. Marillion - Sugar Mice

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51odp8s3Y4L.jpg
From: Clutching at Straws; Year: 1987; Genre: Progressive Rock
Having a busy day, so I'm making a pick from a band that I am very well acquainted with and like a lot.
This is a song that is very soulful and heavy; the music and lyrics are melded together very well to make a very emotionally heavy song that makes a comparison of people who are unemployed to the confectionery treat Sugar Mice melting in the rain. Almost 30 years since its release and is still all too relevant.

Hear Sugar Mice on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Pink Floyd - Money

My song pick two years ago today: American Breed - Bend Me, Shape Me

My song pick three years ago today: Jethro Tull - Cat's Squirrel

My song pick four years ago today: Amon Amarth - A Beast Am I

My song pick five years ago today: Steve Vai - Little Green Men

My song pick six years ago today: Fairport Convention - Maddy Groves

My song pick seven years ago today: Billy Joel - Allentown

My song pick eight years ago today: Meg Rock - Clover


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In