3149-50. The Moody Blues - In the Beginning/Lovely to See You Again

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51i3Rm-9myL.jpg
From: On the Threshold of a Dream; Year: 1969; Genre: Progressive Rock
It's another day that I heard a song the day prior and it's still in my mind; as I always do, I'm picking it.
In the Beginning, which is mostly spoken word with electronic background music/sounds, is often used as an intro to both Lovely to See You Again and the album as well, the same as with all of their records from the time. The smooth rhythm and memorable riff that drives it makes this track the hit that it is.

Hear In the Beginning/Lovely to See You Again on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Ian Anderson - Tripudium Ad Bellum

My song pick two years ago today: Alice in Chains - Rooster

My song pick three years ago today: Steve Vai - For the Love of God

My song pick four years ago today: Mastodon - Seabeast

My song pick five years ago today: Vangelis - Blade Runner (End Titles)

My song pick six years ago today: Karussell - Wer Die Rose Ehrt

My song pick seven years ago today: The Delgados - Accused of Stealing

My song pick eight years ago today: Bon Jovi - Always


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn