3147. Pendragon - Fly High, Fall Far

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41nHwCiFX3L.jpg
From: Fly High, Fall Far; Year: 1984; Genre: Progressive Rock/Hard Rock
I had this second prog/rock wave band on my mind this morning, and since I had not picked from them in some time, it seems like a good time as ever.
Fly High, Fall Far is the first song off of their debut EP of the song's namesake. Definitely mid 1980s progressive rock in almost every way, however, their sound definitely hearkens back to the previous generation prog greats, especially Genesis and Pink Floyd; you can definitely hear their influences on this track in particular.

Hear Fly High, Fall Far on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Luther Davis Group - Keep On Dancing

My song pick two years ago today: Tarot - Wings of Darkness

My song pick three years ago today: John Denver - Shanghai Breezes

My song pick four years ago today: Aphrodite's Child - The Beast

My song pick five years ago today: Duran Duran - Lonely In Your Nightmare

My song pick six years ago today: Jethro Tull - Dogs in the Midwinter

My song pick seven years ago today: John Denver - Season Suite: Late Winter, Early Spring (When Everybody Goes To Mexico)

My song pick eight years ago today: César Antonovich Cui - Orientale


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn