3155. Emerson, Lake & Palmer - The Three Fates

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/91a4IFxlhsL._SX522_.jpg
From: Emerson, Lake & Palmer; Year: 1970; Genre: Progressive Rock/classical
Last night I learned that Keith Emerson took his own life a couple days ago after struggling with physical ailments. It's sad on so many levels to lose such a monumental keyboardist/musician/writer/arranger of his talent; he will surely be missed without a doubt; may he rest in peace.
Anyway, whilst thinking about a good track to choose I came across this suite from Emerson, Lake & Palmer's first album based on the Three Fates of Greek Myth: Clotho, Lachesis, and Atropos. It's mostly Keith Emerson's keyboard work on both a grand pipe organ and piano all over the place stylistically all the way from classical to jazz, hard rock, and everything in between; almost 8 minutes of getting to hear a master musician play on his chosen instrument.

Hear The Three Fates on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Dayton Sidewinders - Slippin' Into Darkness

My song pick two years ago today: Pink Floyd - Keep Talking

My song pick three years ago today: Bud Tutmarc - Hilo March

My song pick four years ago today: Soundgarden - No Wrong No Right

My song pick five years ago today: Jethro Tull - Wond'ring Aloud

My song pick six years ago today: Joe Walsh (The Eagles) - In The City

My song pick seven years ago today: Pearls Before Swine - (Oh Dear) Miss Morse

My song pick eight years ago today: Lou Reed - Walk on the Wildside


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade