3146. Jethro Tull - Flying Dutchman

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61dfJZfDTdL.jpg
From: Stormwatch; Year; 1979; Genre: Progressive Rock
I heard this rather long and epic song the other day and it was in my mind whilst I was contemplating which song I should pick, so I am.
This one is put together quite interestingly with the verses that are rather intricate and mournful but contrast to the upbeat sound when it launches into the chorus with full-blown majors and then back again. But for me the instrumental section which is full-blown Scottish jig with all the bombasticness of their signature style of progressive rock.
As you can probably discern by the title, this song is mostly about the legendary ship of the same name and fits in at the end of this loose concept album as a metaphor and warning for the arrival of the end of the world; the Flying Dutchman can finally end its voyage and come back to port, just as the seafaring legend states.

Hear Flying Dutchman on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Stone Temple Pilots - Vasoline

My song pick two years ago today: Bruce Hornsby and the Range - Mandolin Rain

My song pick three years ago today: George Strait - Ocean Front Property

My song pick four years ago today: April Wine - Future Tense

My song pick five years ago today: The Darkness - Hazel Eyes

My song pick six years ago today: The O'Jays - Back Stabbers

My song pick seven years ago today: Tarja Turunen - Enough

My song pick eight years ago today: Modest Petrovitch Mussorgsky - Night on Bald Mountain


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade