3897. Jerry Reed - The Devil Went Down to Georgia

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/91bzGnP2AVL._SX522_.jpg
From: Dixie Dreams; Year: 1981; Genre: Country/Pop/Rock
I absolutely love this cover of the fan favourite by the Guitar Man himself. Of course the guitar takes centre stage in this one instead of the fiddle in both the lead instrument and the story in this version of the song. If there's any doubt to the virtuosity of Jerry Reed's playing it's definitely not found here; he's just amazing throughout.

Hear The Devil Went Down to Georgia on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Johnny Winter - Funky Music

My song pick two years ago today: Marillion - Sugar Mice

My song pick three years ago today: Pink Floyd - Money

My song pick four years ago today: American Breed - Bend Me, Shape Me

My song pick five years ago today: Jethro Tull - Cat's Squirrel

My song pick six years ago today: Amon Amarth - A Beast Am I

My song pick seven years ago today: Steve Vai - Little Green Men

My song pick eight years ago today: Fairport Convention - Maddy Groves

My song pick nine years ago today: Billy Joel - Allentown

My song pick ten years ago today: Meg Rock - Clover


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In