3900. King Crimson - Lizard

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61ff96flEwL.jpg
From: Lizard; Year: 1970; Genre: Progressive Rock

Well, I'm into the 3900s; in a little over three months I'll be over 4000! Wow, I can still remember making my first 100 picks and now I'm here and still going.
Anyway, I wanted to pick something epic for today, so I'm picking King Crimson's longest song, (as far as I am aware), which clocks in at just over 23 minutes. This piece is truly beautiful and magnificent in construction; the mix of classical, jazz, rock, and other types of music is pure genius.

Hear The First Part, (Prince Rupert Awakes) on YouTube.
Hear The Second Part (Bolero - The Peacock's Tale) on YouTube.
Hear The Third Part (The Battle of Glass Tears) on YouTube.
Hear The Final Part (Big Top) on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Band of Horses - Lying Under Oak

My song pick two years ago today: Emerson, Lake & Palmer - The Three Fates

My song pick three years ago today: Dayton Sidewinders - Slippin' Into Darkness

My song pick four years ago today: Pink Floyd - Keep Talking

My song pick five years ago today: Bud Tutmarc - Hilo March

My song pick six years ago today: Soundgarden - No Wrong No Right

My song pick seven years ago today: Jethro Tull - Wond'ring Aloud

My song pick eight years ago today: Joe Walsh (The Eagles) - In The City

My song pick nine years ago today: Pearls Before Swine - (Oh Dear) Miss Morse

My song pick ten years ago today: Lou Reed - Walk on the Wildside


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In