3264. Jethro Tull - Pan Dance

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61mtDqBsC9L.jpg
From: Minstrel in the Galley (remaster); Year: 1974/75; Genre: Progressive Rock/20th Century classical
For some reason today I felt like listening to something light, 'Tull's Minstrel in the Gallery album came to mind and seemed like a perfect fit for me.
The was a rarer gem that most have probably not heard; it was apparently written and performed/recorded by the band for a dance group called Pan's People, but was eventually released on an EP as an extra track. Later, of course, it was added to the remaster of Minstrel in the Gallery as a bonus track.
The song is definitely classical in almost all respects with Ian Anderson's style. The strings and other orchestral talent make this a great little buried treasure for the music connoisseur.

Hear Pan Dance on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Chris Squire - Silently Falling

My song pick two years ago today: Jim Croce - Bad, Bad Leroy Brown

My song pick three years ago today: Béla Fleck and the Flecktones - Life in Eleven

My song pick four years ago today: Red Rider - White Hot

My song pick five years ago today: The Allman Brothers Band - Melissa

My song pick six years ago today: Queen - Play The Game

My song pick seven years ago today: Jerry Reed - Guitar Man

My song pick eight years ago today: Blind Faith - Can't Find My Way Home


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn